- Six steps to follow
- 14 principles
- 13 tools
- 20 strategies
The benefits of these are:
Using the six steps:
• creates a structure that helps give you a sense that you have control of the situation
• helps you maintain a calm and consistent approach even when your really emotional
• allows you to remember what to do
• sheds light on the situation in a fair and unbiased way
• can help you to choose where to focus your energy, based on the circumstances
• helps come up with new ideas and possibilities to explore as you address each step
• allows you to quickly and simply analyse situations.
Having the principles to follow:
• helps you avoid pitfalls
• gives you important insights
• builds your self confidence to handle situations effectively.
Having a range of tools to choose from:
• can change the way you see peoples behaviour
• reveals other possibilities and perspectives
• helps you use and role model assertive behaviour
• builds your knowledge and understanding about the behaviour.
Providing a range of possible strategies:
• allows you to create new ways of dealing with issues
• empowers you by giving you more response choices
• gives you powerful and proven options for taking charge of situations.